Wednesday, March 25, 2015

I can only open the door. You're the one who has to walk through it.

Another all-around awful day, today, and another trip to our favorite geek shop, Galaxy Comics.  I snagged myself Dr. McNinja: Timefist, which effectively completes my Dr. McNinja print volume library.  Woo!


We were there because last night, as she poured over her Facebook, Kayla saw something.  Something that made her light up on the inside like a Roman candle.


It was, naturally, a Nendoroid that had just come in to stock at Galaxy.  This Nendoroid, to be specific.

Mahou Shoujo Taisen - Aoba Naruko - Nendoroid #460

I asked her if she wanted to go to Galaxy, but she kept trying to evade it, saying "no, no, we shouldn't..." When I pointed out that we'd both had egregiously stressful days and then asked if we should go, she finally consented.

We entered, and the young lady who tends to help us out asked if we needed anything.  "Do you have any new Nendos in?" I asked.

"We do have one," she said, peering over at the Nendo shelf. "...but I don't see it out there.  It might be sold already."

"Good, then I won't be tempted!" Kayla replied.  But the nice young lady offered to check in the back for it, and I helpfully showed Kayla some of the Sword Art Online Nendos. She expressed disinterest in each in turn, and by the time we were through them, the young lady had returned.

"We do have it, but it looks like it's been reserved for someone else," Young Lady said.

"Oh..."

"...unless your name is Kayla?"

Kayla turned to me.

"You asshole."


Kayla now has precisely as many Nendos as I do - four.

Totes adorabubs.

That training under Ramzeltron paid off.  I dub myself Sir Enabler - enabling all who suffer the unrealized temptation of extraneous possessions, and living free of the squares who insist money should be spent on things like food, and daily necessities.


Oh, also, I'll work on that review tomorrow night.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The Renegade option is always the fun option.

      Delete
  2. The adorable family is growing.

    Whenever I see a cute Nendo, I think, "Maybe I should send this to Cha-uh, hmm...maybe not."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of your city and comic shop, I don't have anywhere in Denver to go that would have anything like this. All Amazon and internet for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh c'mon, there's gotta be something! Denver's gotta' be four times the... okay, actually, you have the same population size as my town. And thus no excuse not to have an awesome nerd shop.

      Delete