Bethesda's wasn't as impressive as years past, without Fallout 4 to blow us away with or DOOM, but it was a nice, solid hour-ish of games with a few nice surprises.
Let's break it down.
- DOOM is getting a VR version called DOOM VFR. It uses the blink-around-the-environment-to-move solution we've seen in other VR games. Weird. It'll be out this year.
- Fallout 4 VR will also be out this year, and has eschewed the blink-to-move thing.
- They talked about the Morrowind expansion to Elder Scrolls Online.
- They showed a trailer for Skyrim on Switch.
- They announced the Creation Club, in which Bethesda devs, external developers and "the best user-created mods" are legit-incorporated into Fallout 4 and Skyrim, without any of this might-break-your-game-and-screw-your-achievements nonsense.
- They showed me a bit of Quake Champions.
- The Evil Within 2 was officially announced, and looks totes cray.
- A new Dishonored game - Dishonored: Death of the Outsider is coming this year, and it stars badass one-eyed ship's captain Billie Lurk. Kickass.
But the cherry on top and the best part of Bethesda's showing was definitely...
- Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus's reveal. All the character and sharp, lively writing of The New Order with action that is somehow even more over-the-top and fuckawesome.
Nice job, Bethesda.